Before you decide to have hysterectomy surgery, be sure that your surgeon has answered your questions completely. This is a list of questions you may want to ask:
- What structures do you intend to remove?
- What approach will you use? Laparoscopic, open, vaginal, combination?
- What side effects are considered normal?
- What kind of discharge or bleeding is considered normal for the procedure?
- What symptoms should alert me to go to the emergency room or call my surgeon?
- What type of incision should I expect?
- Where will the incision(s) be located?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- How long should I take off of work?
- When can I return to my normal level of activity?
- Will I need Pap smears after surgery?
- Are there any prescriptions that I will need after surgery that I can have filled before I am admitted to the hospital?
Everything You Need To Know About Hysterectomy Surgery