After Surgery: Recovering After Surgery
Your surgery may be a textbook example of a great surgery, but being able to identify potential complications during your recovery -- and knowing what to do about them -- is important.
- Control Your Pain After Surgery
- Coping After An Organ Transplant
- Constipation and Surgery
- Depression After Surgery
- Fever After Surgery
- How To Prevent Infection After Surgery
- Incontinence After Surgery
- Problems Urinating After Surgery
- Recovering After Inpatient Surgery
- Signs of an Emergency After Surgery
- Signs of Infection After Surgery
- Types of Pain After Surgery
Common Questions After Surgery
Your surgery is over, but the coming days and months may be puzzling ones. Here, answers to common questions that arise during a normal recovery from surgery.
- Do I Need to Have a Pap Smear After My Hysterectomy?
- Driving After Surgery
- How To: Coughing After Surgery
- What To Eat After Surgery
- When Can I Have Sex After My Surgery?
- Why am I Having Trouble Urinating After Surgery?
- Why is My Throat So Sore After Surgery?
- Why Can't I Have More Pain Medication?
Caring for your incision shouldn't be difficult, but it does take some time and diligence. Learn how to care for your incision, what to look for and find out when to call your surgeon with concerns.
- Can I Use Peroxide Or Alcohol On My Incision?
- Help! My Incision Has Pus!
- How To Prevent Scarring
- Incision Care After Your Surgery